Monday, 31 January 2011
4th March - Hawarden Carpark (Cross Country)
11th March - Moel Famau Toilets -middle car park (Cross Country)
18th March - Buckley Sport Centre (Cross Country)
25th March - Cadole Colomondy Pub (Cross Country)
1st April (Fools day) - Northop College (Cross Country)
8th April - Buckleu Sports Centre (Road)
15th April - Maeshafan (Cross Country)
22nd April - Good Friday Holiday (Cross Country)
29th April - Holiday
Sunday, 30 January 2011
Held on Thursday 27th January 2011 at Hawkesbury Centre, Buckley
Thank you to everyone who attended and to those who could not but pledged to carry on with the excellent work they do. The meeting was extremely useful, a range of topics were discussed, many issues addressed and solutions found. Many of these are specifically aimed at recruiting and retaining new members.
* Subs for the club for 2011-12 will be £10 (£5 for concessions). This is a reduction from £15 we set last year. AAW subs have risen from £5 to £15. Nobody is happy with that one but we can't do anything about it. It was felt that reducing our subs for at least one year will soften the blow.
* We will start regular pub nights. The plan is to meet in The Running Hare on the first Tuesday of each month at about 8.30 starting on 1st March. Carvery is available until 9.00, meals are available until 10.00 and we don't have to book.
* We will fix Sunday Morning runs so that more people can access them (8.30 at the middle car park on Moel Famau, distance and pace dependant who is there)
* In the spring we will start Friday afternoon runs (probably 4 pm - meeting place to be decided). Distance likely to be about 4 miles, to encourage new runners
* New strategy for dealing with enquiries. Instead of expecting them to come to the club, we find somebody to offer to join them on one of their training runs.
* We will try to get a poster put up in the reception area at Buckley Sports Centre.
* We will investigate getting business cards printed so we can all hand them out to prospective new members
* Presentation night will be on Tuesday 7th June in the Running Hare at Ewloe.
* If anyone is unsure how to get onto the blog and contribute to Buckleyrunners.blogspot.com please contact Rob - he will send you instructions by email.
There are a few changes to the roles and responsibilities within the club: Rob (Chair), Jane (Secretary), Sue (Treasurer), Les (Coach), Dawn (Kit and Press), Jane and Rob (cross-country) and John (Club Championship) remain unchanged.
Jez Brown will continue to be the Welfare officer. We are really grateful to him for this; we must have an experienced person in this role.
Paul Stinton is continuing as Membership Secretary but has warned that pressure of work, study and family mean that we must find somebody to take over this role in 2012.
Fenn is unable to continue as Border League organiser. Eric Campbell has volunteered to take in the role. Thank you Eric and thank you Fenn for your good work.
Many thanks to everybody who has contributed in so many ways.
Posted by Rob Mackey (Chairman)
Monday, 24 January 2011
A pretty 'tight, narrow' start led out on to the main road, before taking the large field out into the surrounding country side. Weather conditions were spot on, pretty cold but that being useful as the race went on and body temperatures increased with passing miles.
All in all a good day out with runners representing a number of clubs in attendance.
Keith Jones 1:27:32
Paul Stinton 1:34:36
Paul Donaghue (looking a lot like Chris Higgins) 1:37:32
Ian Jones 1:46:41
Dawn Urquart 1:46:59
Fen Higgins 1:48:39
Rob Davies 1:48:44
Darren Smith 1:49:53
Sunday, 23 January 2011
Dawn, Hazel, Sue and Ann made up the ladies team. Unfortunately Hazel had to drop out with an injury, disappointing having got down there, but not surprising in the cold conditions.
Matt, Eric, Les and Rob turned up for the men. Matt had another fine run as did Eric and Les. Rob finished.
Well done everybody. It was great to see you all.
See you all at the North Wales Championships at Rhug next week and Oswastry the week after.
ps Don't forget the AGM on Thursday.
Sunday, 16 January 2011
8.15 for 8.30 start on
All members of Buckley Runners are asked to attend the AGM in the Hawkesbury Centre after training on Thursday 27th January. Please try to attend. It is the only meeting we have during the year and is important as many people as possible have a say in how our club is run. Tea/coffee and biscuits available.
1. Members present and apologies for absence
2. Minutes of previous meeting. To agree the minutes of the previous AGM
3. Chairman’s report. To receive chairman’s report
4. Treasurer’s reports. To receive annual financial statement and to agree subs for 2011
5. Other reports To receive annual reports (Cross Country, Borders League/Road, Fell, Club Championship,
6. Election of officers and Committee. In order to run properly the club needs the following.
6.1. Club chairman (including Welsh Athletics website contact point)
6.2. Club secretary (includes mailing address for Welsh Athletics)
6.3. Membership secretary (
6.5. Child Protection Officer (The club cannot exist without this post)
6.6. Border League Organiser
6.7. Cross country organiser
Other important roles
6.10. Race secretary and Course Marshal
6.11. Club Championship organiser
6.12. Social event organiser
6.13. Publicity officer
6.14. Other members of the committee
7. Other matters
Saturday, 15 January 2011
Wednesday, 12 January 2011
Eight Buckley runners fronted for the H.O.H. in Llandegla forest and recorded some impressive times.
Simon E home in 40:33 and third overall
Steve Bellis 43:26
Danny Hollingsworth 46:04
Pete (the Viking) Roberts 47:42
Me (sponsered by Crianza et Lager ) 50:08
Johnny( the elbow) Morris 50:25
Fenella (loads of patience) Higgins 57:08
Jack (gentleman) Thomas 62:39.
Smashing run, sorry that Dave Boothers Bothryd was unable to make the race but hope the social made up for it.
Thats your lot
Saturday, 8 January 2011
I've got a place in the Helsby (Four Villages) half that is going spare. I've got a bad IT band injury and haven't run since the 27th. Let me know if you (or anyone you know) would like a place and I'll contact them about transferring numbers. There is a transfer system in place, so you won't have to impersonate me. My address is: firstname.lastname@example.org