Monday 8 November 2010

Cross Country

The results from Bangor were disappointing. We were struggling for numbers with Snowdon Marathon and Halloween Hellraiser on the same day, plus several injuries.

We had three ladies in the team, superb runs from Erika (6th) Sue 74th and Anne (92nd)

Five men started but the rough terrain took it's revenge on Les' ankle and he was forced to drop out. So we only had four finishers and got mullered in the team scores. But we still had some impressive results. Matt 13th only just over a minute behind the winner, Dan 81st and Steve 84th put in good runs. Rob as last counter in 143rd steadfastly refusing to be last.

Next race is at Wrexham on November 23rd. Really good fast, flat course on grass. It would be good to get a strong team out and not rely on me to count! Because I won't be there. Sorry to miss it but its the matinee of the Panto in Northop. My public needs me! The difference is when they shout "he's behind you" I think of the cross country and I know they are lying. Tickets on sale now!

Hope it goes well.

Rob.

No comments:

Post a Comment