Thursday 8 October 2009

Flintshire Wheelbarrow Race.

If I’d known Buckley would win so many medals I would have taken a wheelbarrow. Seven men and six ladies ran the Flintshire 10K last Sunday, and brought home loads of medals
The ladies won the team prize and the men were second. Jez was 7th in 35.06, Dave Boothroyd was 25th in 38.58, with James Pickering close behind in 28th just 9 seconds behind. Erica put in a superb performance with a PB of 39.23 in 32nd place. Chris Willman had another fine run in 40th place with 40.29, with Chris Higgins 71st in 43.06 and Dawn was 82nd in 43.53. John Pares ran both races, accompanying his daughter in the 3k event, then ran the 10K in 46.24 with his son (they were 115th and 116th). Fenn 125th in 46.56, Margaret 147th in 48.20 followed by Rob (164th in 49.19), Hazel (202nd in 52.00) and the welcome return of Ann (302nd in 1.08.22)
It was another good event albeit a bit expensive to enter. The weather was kind to the quicker runners, but those of us who like to get value for money got very wet either just after we finished or while we were still running. The day finished with the usual gathering to drink tea and chat, and to collect a barrow load of medals!
I was disappointed that my son decided not to run, I had been looking forward to a father vs son run. But having played rugby on Saturady and faced with paying £14 he declined! Moral victory to me. And I was reasonably happy with my time, better than recent efforts in the same race, but not hampered by having run XC the day before.
Sorry results are a bit late but Flintshire’s web-site has had some gremlins and has refused to display the results.
Rob

2 comments:

  1. One more!!

    Apologies to John Bradshaw - I missed him out he was 10th in 35.36 - a good run. I m,issed him as he is not listed as a Buckley runner

    And for fans of irony I thought I would add this quote from todays Chester Chronicle; -

    "Organiser Bryon Jones said he was delighted with the turnout of both competitors and spectators - and even more delighted to hail a local boy done good."

    That is an interesting comment considering what has gone on in the past!

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris Higgins said, amongst loads of other things, what a delight to be amongst some really nice people all wearing the same clothes in the same place at the same time, spose thats running for you eh?
    Moreover a huge congratulations to my wife Fenella, who was and is a chuffed as a chuffed, thing with her time.

    ReplyDelete